Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MOPS



Today was MOPS (mothers of preschoolers). I never had a group like this with my 3 older kids, when I really needed it as a young mother, but I was able to take advantage of it with the twins. I only had to wait a year after they were out of MOPS when I was asked back to be a mentor mom-because that's how old I am! I have to say that I haven't really done anything as a mentor mom, and hopefully, I will learn to be a better one if I am asked back next year. But, I love MOPS even now, when I supposedly don't need the fellowship of other moms going through the preschool years. It's hard to swallow that a lot of these women could practically be my daughters, one "girl" in my group is actually the age of Julianne, so I guess I am old enough. Thankfully, some of them are in their 30's so I don't feel so incredibly old.

One of the reasons I love MOPS so much is I get the chance to be around the other mentor moms. I'm hoping some of their wisdom rubs off on me. Not having my own mom around anymore, I crave these women loving on me. They are the sweetest bunch, the most beautiful, the most hip, the best dressers of any "older ladies" I know. Well, two of the women are around my age, but even they seem to have a lot more wisdom than I do, go figure. I'm hoping they let me hang around them for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment