Friday, January 8, 2010

Good-bye 1 grand

That's an aerial view of our sunroof. I still believe we were shot at by a sniper on I-25 somewhere past Palmer Lake, and somehow making the glass explode out leaving a huge volleyball sized hole in the sunroof. My eldest laughed at me when I suggested that there was some crazy person with really good aim (which snipers usually have) who hit our sunroof. At any rate, however it happened, it certainly freaked us out, and caused some excitement, not to mention a visit by a friendly State Trooper as Tim and Drew tried to get the largest chunks of glass dislodged while we sat on the shoulder of the road.
I think I should get some kudos from my geek (and I mean that in the most loving way) husband for suggesting that we get duct tape and cover the entire roof. It actually worked and didn't come off until they took it off at the repair shop.

Now we have a new sunroof, and 1000.00 less in savings, so there goes new carpeting in our bedroom for at least the winter.

On a sillier note, Thing 1 and Thing 2 came up with a song tonight while we were driving home from Costco. They often will make up a song, singing in tandem, and the words actually go together: "Mom and Dad are kissing, kissing, kissing. Mom and Dad are married, married, married. Mom is white and Dad is black, and I am their child."-that was Abby's part. I will never understand where she comes up with this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment