Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's dinner

I'm not sure who took this picture today, but we were in the throes of our Valentine's dinner, eating chocolate fondue. Yum! I made a bison roast, which I have never made before. It was so tender, so flavorful, and so low fat, only 7 g. per serving! I cooked it like a real Sunday dinner, which I never so, putting it in the oven before church. Tim put a dry rub on it first and seared it in hot olive oil, then I put water, sherry, tomatoes, potatoes, onions and beef bouillon in the pan and covered it. It was so delicious! I am definitely making it again.
We had fun making a candy bouquet for Nate out of his favorite candy bars, Ben got his favorite Ferrero Roche dark chocolate candy and the regular hazelnut ones, plus a large Reese's candy heart. I bought Tim a very large 10+ inch milk chocolate candy bar with whole hazelnuts, and the Ritter Sport dark and milk chocolate candy with hazelnuts he likes. Gabe got a stuffed gorilla and a little lego set, and Abby got a stuffed dog and ballerina Barbie doll. Tim gave me a dozen red roses, and I requested no chocolate, because I knew I would be eating it all week, which I did. We made dinner for the Youth group tonight and made heavenly hot fudge and served hot fudge sundaes. Mark Bates talked about love to the kids, and they also played the pass the lifesaver with the toothpick game. It was a great day. I still have to send off Julianne's gifts to her better late than never I guess.

I sure do love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment