Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dinner by Abby


Last night Ben made the buffaloaf, and Abby asked if she could make dinner tonight. I found some turkey thighs on sale at the store today, so when she got home, we found a recipe online for Herb roasted turkey thighs. It consisted of softened butter, thyme, rosemary, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Abby put all the ingredients in a bowl, and then I told her she was going to have to mix and mash it together with her hands. She said,"Mom, my hands are going to get all dirty" and I told her that they would but then she would be rubbing the mixture under the turkey skin. She was pretty grossed out, but she did it. She mixed up some chicken broth to pour over the chicken and we put it in the oven. They came out great. She wanted me to tell everyone that she made dinner. She also made rice pilaf out of the box. I foresee her making dinner often. She was so proud of herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment