Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Julianne's quilt

This is the quilt I made for Julianne for her high school graduation. It represents all the dresses and outfits I made for her over the years, including first day of school dresses, her curtains, which she cut holes in to see the trees out the window she was afraid of, a princess costume, mother/daughter dresses and even her graduation dress. It has never made it to college, so I'm using it. I am not a quilter. It's not very even and will probably be one of those quilts she throws on a spare bed someday, but I love looking at the squares and remembering the first 18 years of her life. Lots of good memories...

2 comments:

  1. I had it at school freshman year! And I could sure use it again - it's freezing in our apartment!

    A lot of those dresses make me think of early early memories all dressed up with you with your poofed out permed hair. Oh the 90s. :)

    ReplyDelete