Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh bother!~Pooh

So, about 2 wks. ago, I re-injured my knee 4 years out from my meniscus repair. I think I was squatting, and I felt my knee lock. It hurt to straighten it. So, after moving it around for awhile, I could finally walk without horrible pain. Since then, I have been babying it, not bending it more than 90 degrees, and it hasn't been too bad, not much pain. Well, today I pulled my feet under my chair and that was all it took. It hurt pretty badly, and after trying to put weight on it unsuccessfully, I just sat down again. It took awhile, but I think I maneuvered it back in place, and somehow I could walk again. I went to Target, took Nate to the eye dr. and then to a late lunch, picked up the kids at the bus, and made dinner. By 5:30, it was really hurting, so I have kept it elevated and iced since then. I had Ben dig out the crutches (or as Gabe used to call them,"wretchers"), just in case.

It hurts like the Dickens as Mom would say. It hurts behind the knee, on the side of the knee and under the kneecap. I don't think I'm going to just rest up and it will heal.

We don't seem to get sick in this house. No one has been sick since the fall, except for some coughs and sniffles, and even that didn't keep anyone out of school. No, we just get majorly injured.

It's going to be interesting making this doctor's appt. I will call the orthopedic group and tell them I'm a patient of Dr. O'Brien's but this is a new problem, one he can't help with since he's only an ankle and elbow doctor. Why do they have to be so specialized? Oh bother!

No comments:

Post a Comment