Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dinner and a concert


Tonight, Tim and I got to go experience some culture thanks to our great kids. Julianne, Ben and Nate gave us tickets to the Vivaldi concert for Christmas. We went to Nosh, a great restaurant first. They serve only tapas, or little plates of food, so we started with rosemary potato chips and dip. Then, we had a huge scallop with pickled apples and garlic spun sugar-so good! Then, we had spicy shrimp with creme fraiche and jalapenos, and roasted chicken in a scallion sauce, very tender and succulent! For dessert, Tim ordered a mini Black Forest Cake-one of my favorites that will always remind me of the best trip I ever took with my parents and Daphne to Great Britain, where we spent 3 wks. eating After Eight mints and trying every pub we could to sample the best Black Forest Gateau in each one. Anyway, Tim also though we needed a triple berry walnut bar and 2 chocolate chip cookies (who orders those at a restaurant when you can make them at home?) I ate half the cake and left the rest to him.

We got to the Pike's Peak Center as it started and found our seats 3 rows from the top-did I mention I am terrified of heights? . It was a wonderful experience, and because I am so immature, I have to say, the evening ended perfectly getting stuck in an elevator. No, it wasn't scary, and I didn't even panic. I was having too much fun laughing at the old couple trying to get us unstuck. They were at opposite ends of the elevator. The old gentleman was right in front of me facing the buttons which he repeatedly pushed in random order. Then, he decided to push the alarm button non stop for about 10 min. all the while his wife was asking, "is the elevator moving?" I then pointed out that there was a phone behind her, so she called whoever it is you get when you pick up the phone. The nice woman on the other end was trying to hear her asking for help over the man pushing the emergency fire call button. While this was going on, another older lady was talking to her friends on her cell phone asking them to get a security person. Her response was priceless,"oh, is someone coming to get us out of the elevator? Yes, we'll wait right here!" Haha! I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Finally, Tim grabbed the old man's coat and told him to stop pushing the button, and the Security guard did indeed, get us out of the elevator in about 20 min.

The whole thing reminded me of my parents. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment